Selling Real Estate in the Austin Area
Selling a home in today’s market has changed drastically over the past decade. No longer is signing a listing agreement, sticking a sign in the yard and waiting for buyers to show up a viable marketing plan. I offer both traditional and state-of-the-art marketing that I invite you to compare to any other marketing plan out there!
Comparative Market Analysis
Let’s start with a study of the current market conditions in your area. I will prepare an in-depth analysis of your home’s current market value, how it compares to other properties in the neighborhood and help you with ideas to enhance the likelihood of getting the best price for your home.
Before Listing Your Home
There are many steps to complete before posting your home on the MLS (Multiple Listing Service) and I will take the extra time to do this for you.
- Get your home ready. I will help you with ideas that will maximize the appearance of your home to prospective buyers. Whether this means calling in a maid service, repairman or interior decorator, you can count on me to have the resources needed to make your home attractive and “show” ready!
- Take awesome photos. I use a professional photographer to capture all the best features of your home and property. Since most buyers start by shopping online, we need great photos to attract buyers to your home.
- Set up online marketing. Unfortunately, we often find incorrect information on the web. This includes information about real estate. In order to insure the correct information hits the internet and has a chance to outrank the incorrect, my brokerage & I will help by getting accurate information about your home on the web where buyers are looking.
- Prepare mobile marketing. For those driving by and wanting information on the spot, our mobile text messaging system allows potential buyers to get detailed information on your property from right in front of your home. This system notifies me immediately of interested buyers and avoids any lost opportunities to get your home sold.
- Property-specific website. I can create a web site specifically to showcase your home complete with neighborhood information and virtual tour.
- Postcards. Some of your best proponents for selling your home often comes from your neighbors. That’s why I like to keep your neighbors informed of the new listing in their very own neighborhood so they can tell their friends! I will send “Just Listed” postcards to your neighbors.
- Prepare flyers. Interested buyers love to have something to take with them when they find a home they are considering. I will prepare a professional looking property flyer filled with pictures and important selling features of your home.
- Home warranty. These “insurance” packages are especially comforting to you, the seller, if you are selling a home that is well past its new stage and you have concerns for unexpected expenses arising from breakdowns in the home’s electrical, heating, air-conditioning or plumbing systems before or during the sale process. I can assist you in choosing home warranty coverage that is right for you.
Time to List Your Home
Now it’s time to post your home on the MLS, the step where most agents begin! Your listing will be syndicated to numerous web portals for maximum exposure to those buyers shopping on-line. All that prep work that was done before the listing will now be fully in place and active to bring in the buyers!
Holding your home open to the public can be a great way to attract buyers. I don’t just stick a sign in the yard & hope someone will show up, I will advertise your Open House in what works best for your particular neighborhood including online advertisement. I use many signs and directional signs to attract the most buyers to your Open House.
Assisting you through the Close & Beyond
As a Certified Negotiations Expert (CNE), I will work cooperatively with buyers’ agents to negotiate the best price, the best terms and the best outcome for you, my client. I am here to answer your questions and provide you with the knowledge you need to make the best decisions for you and your family before, during and after the sale of your home.